If you want to ask about how’s someone’s personality, we can say:
What is she like? or What personality traits does she have?
Then, you can asnwer like this :
She is active type or She is intelligent, humorous and independent girl, and so on.
Some words indicate personality traits :
She is a(n)……person; She is…..
- Active=busy with or ready to perform a particular activity.
- Adaptable= able to change so as to be suitable or successful in new and different situation.
Example : She is adaptable.
- Aimless= without a clear purpose, reason or direction.
- Adventurous= ready to try new, exciting and dangerous things.
Example : He is an adventurous businessman.
- Animated= full of interest and energy. Example : She is very animated.
- Alienated= feeling separated from society or the group of people around you and often unhappy.
Example : She always feels alienated.
- Analytical= using method that help you examine things carefully, especially by separating them into their different parts. Example : He is the analytical type.
- Argumentative= tending to argue. Example : She is very argumentative.
- Artistic= able to enjoy art
- Balanced= not giving much importantance to one thing. Example : I am a balanced person.
- Bashful= shy, tending to feel uncomfortable with other people and b embarrassed easily in social situation
- Behaved/well behaved= behaving politely, obeying people and not causing trouble
- Blank= showing no expression, understanding, interest or no emotion in your facial expression
- Bold= not afraid of taking risk and making difficult decisions, so confident or determined that you sometimes offend people
- Bossy= always telling other people what to do in a way that is annoying
- Bouncy= very happy, confident and energetic
- Brassy= loud, confident, or brightly dressed
- Broad minded= willing to accept other’s people behaviour and beliefs
- Changeable= likely to change or changing often
- Cheerful= behaving in a way that shows you are happy, for example by smiling or being very friendly.
- Communicative= willing to talk to people and give them information
- Competitive= determined to be more successful that other people
- Confident= sure that you can do something or deal with a situation successfully
- Conservative= tending not to like sudden change
- Considerate= always thinking of what other people need or want and taking care not to upset them
- Consistent=always having the same beliefs, behavior, attitudes, quality, etc and continuing to develop in the same way
- Contented= pleased with your situation and not hoping for change or improvement, happy and satisfied
- Convincing= able to make you believe that something is true or wrong
- Cultured= having a good education so that you are interested in art, literature, music, etc
- Crafty= good at getting what you want by clever planning and secretly deceiving people (cerdik)
- Critical= who is critical make severe and often unfair judgements of people or things
- Daring= willing to do something that is dangerous or that involves a lot of risk
- Decisive= good at making decision quickly with confident
- Deep= thinking very hard about things, often in a way that other people find difficult to understand.
Example : He is a deep individual
- Delightful= very pleasant
- Demonstrative= willing to show loving feeling towards people
- Depressed= feeling very unhappy
- Diplomatic= dealing with people politely and skillfully without upsetting them
- Detailed= giving a lot of information with many details
- Disorderly= lacking of organization
- Disorganized= not good at planning and organizing things
- Domineering= having a strong tendency to control other people without taking their feelings into consideration
- Doubtful= having doubts about something
- Driven= determined to achieve something or be successful that all their behavior is directed towards this aim.
- Easy going= relaxed and not easily worried or upset
- Faithful= remaining loyal to a person, belief, political party, etc. and continuing to support them
- Fearful= frightened and worried about something
- Flexible= can change or be changed easily to suit any new situation
- Forceful= expressing their opinion very strongly and clearly, people or easily persuaded them
- Forgetful= often forgetting things
- Frank= honest, truthful and sincere, although this might be awkward or make other people uncomfortable
- Funny= making you laugh
- Fussy= not easily satisfied; too concerned or worried about small, usually unimportant details, and difficult to please.
- Friendly = behaving toward someone in a way that shows you like them and is ready to talk to them or help them
- Headstrong= very determined to do what you want, even when other people advice you not to do it
- Idealistic= believing in principles or perfect standards that cannot really be achieved
- Imaginative= having or showing a lot of imagination
- Impatient= easily annoyed by someone’s mistakes or because you have to wait
- Indifferent= not caring about what is happening, especially about other people’s problems or feelings
(acuh tak acuh)
- Intolerant= not willing to accept ways of thinking and behaving that are different from your own
- Introverted=someone who thinks mainly about their own thoughts and personal life and does not enjoy spending time with other people.
He is an introvertd person; He is an introvert.
- Inconsistent= whose behavior changes very often and unpredictable
- Indecisive= unable to make clear decisions or choices
- Independent= confident and able to do things by yourself in yout own way, without wanting help or advice from other people
- Inoffensive=unlikely to offend anyone
- Inscure= lacking confidence and uncertain about their own abilities and about whether other people really like them (tidak percaya diri)
- Inspiring= giving people energy, a feeling of exicitement, and a desire to do something great
- Lazy= not willing to work or use any effort
- Level-headed= calm and able to deal easily with difficult situations
- Lively= having or showing a lot of energy and enthuasiasm or showing interesting and exiciting thought
- Loner= someone who prefers to be alone or someone who has no friends
- Manipulative= clever at controlling or deceiving people to get what you want
- Messy= dirty or untidy
- Meticulous= very careful and with great attention to every detail
- Mix easily= make friends easily
- Moody= easily becoming annoyed or unhappy when there is no good reason to feel that way and having moods that change often and quickly
- Naïve= not having much experience of how complicated life is so that you trust people too much and believe that good things will always happen
- Optimistic= thinking or believing that good things will happen in the future or that things will be better, easier or more successful than is actually possible
- Orderly= arranged or organized in a sensible or neat way
- Organized= tidy
- Outspoken= expressing your opinion honestly, even when it is not popular to do so
- Patient= able to wait calmly for long time or to accept difficulties, people’s annoying behavior etc without becoming angry
- Peaceful= quiet and calm without any worry or excitement, without war or conflict
- Persistent= continuing to do something, although this is difficult, or other people warn you not to do it
- Pessimistic= expecting that bad things will happen in the future or that a situation will have a bad result
- Pleasant= enjoyable and making you feel happy; nice
- popular= liked, enjoyed or supported by a lot of people
- Practical= relating to practice
- Productive= producing or achieving a lot
- Progressive= supporting new ideas or social change (progresif)
- Rash= doing something too quickly, without thinking carefully about whether it is sensible or not
- Realistic= accepting things as they are in fact and not basing decisions on unlikely hopes for the future
- Reluctant= slow and not very willing to do something
- Repetitious= involving doing or saying the same thing several times, especially in a way that is boring
- Resentful= feeling bitter or angry and unhappy because you think you have been treated unfairly
- Reserved= unwilling to expess your emotions or talk about your problems
- Resistant= not wanting to accept something, specially changes or new ideas
- Restless= unable or unwilling to keep still, especially because you are nervous or bored
- Revengeful= wanting harm done to someone as a punishment for harm that they have done to someone else (penuh dendam)
- Scatterbrained= someone who often forgets or loses things because they do not think in practical way
- Scheduled= planned according to schedule
- Self sacrificing= having a willing to do something in order to help the other without regarding himself/herself
- Sensitive= easily offended or upset,; Unable to understand other’s people feelings and problems
- Serious= not joking
- Short-tempered= easily becoming angry or impatient
- Show off= someone who always tries to show how clever or skilled they are so that other people will admire them
- Shy= nervous and embarrasses about talking to other people, specially people you do not know
- Skeptical= tending to doubt or not believe what other people tell you ( tidak mudah percaya)
- Sluggish= moving or reacting more slowly than normal
- Sociable= enjoying being with other people
- Spirited=full of energy and determination
- Stubborn= determined not to change your mind, even when people think you are being unreasonable (keras kepala)
- Strong-willed= knowing exactly what you want to do and being determined to achieve it, even if other people advice you against it
- Submissive= always willing to obey someone even if they are unkind to you
- Suspicious= penuh curiga
- Tactful= being careful not to say or do something that will annoy or upset other people
- Tactless= likely to upset or ambarrass someone without intending to
- Talkative= liking to talk a lot
- Tenacious= determined to do something and unwilling to stop trying even when the situation becomes difficult
- Thoughtful= serious and quiet because you are thinking a lot
- Thoughtless= forgetting about the needs and feelings of other people because you are thinking about what you want
- Timid= not having courage or confidence
- Unaffectionate= not showing feelings or liking to love
- Unforgiving= unwilling to forgive
- Unsympathetic= not showing, especially by what they say, that they understand and care about someone’s suffering
- Workhaholic= someone who cannot stop working and does not have time for anything else
How? Not enough?
Okay, let’s find out more resources to learn English.
Just click here to find more English resources in English Daily Conversation….^_^